How do I swap old BitTorrent (BTT) for new BTT?
Everything you need to know about the BitTorrent (BTT) token migration and how to swap your current BTT for the new BTT!
In this article:
What is happening to BitTorrent (BTT)?
BitTorrent Inc. recently announced the launch of BitTorrent Chain mainnet (BTTC). BitTorrent (BTT) will be redenominated from a TRC10 token to a TRC20 token on the TRON blockchain.
The new TRC20 BTT tokens on the TRON network will be referred to as BTT (or as BTTC in Binance), while the old TRC10 BTT tokens will be renamed BTTOLD.
To learn more about the BTT migration, please see this Medium article from BitTorrent Inc. on the announcement of the BitTorrent Chain.
Exodus supports TRC20 BitTorrent (BTT) and TRC10 BitTorrent (BTTOLD) on the TRON network. This article from our Knowledge Base will show you how to enable TRC20 BTT: How do I enable/disable assets in Exodus?
How do I swap my BTTOLD to the new BTT?
Outlined below are instructions on how to import your TRON private key into the TronLink wallet to swap BTTOLD for the new BTT.
Before you begin, you will need to add the TronLink browser extension which you can find on the TronLink website here: https://www.tronlink.org/.
Once you've set up the TronLink browser extension, here are the steps to send your BTTOLD to TronLink and swap for the new BTT:
- In Exodus, open your TRON (TRX) wallet.
- View and copy your TRON private key. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do so: How do I view my private keys?
Please be very careful with your 12-word secret recovery phrase and private keys because they control access to your funds. Never share them with anyone, and only import them into platforms that you trust 100%. If you choose to import your 12-word phrase or private keys into a third-party platform, you do so at your own risk. To find out more, check out this article from our Knowledge Base: How do I keep my money safe?
- With your private key copied, open your TronLink wallet and click on Wallet near the top-left corner.
- Click on Import Wallet.
- a) Paste your private key and b) click Next.
- a) Enter a wallet name and b) click Import Private Key.
- Now that your BTTOLD has been imported into your TronLink account, navigate to the BTT redenomination tab on the BitTorrent Chain Wallet website.
Connect to wallet.
Connect to TRON Network.
- A pop-up with a request to connect to your TronLink wallet will appear. Click Connect.
You will then be redirected back to BitTorrent Chain Wallet. a) Enter the amount you would like to swap, then b) click
- Another pop-up will appear requesting you sign the swap transaction. Note that there will be a small fee to be paid in TRX to complete the swap. Click Sign.
A confirmation page will then appear confirming that the swap transaction has been submitted. Click
- Return to your TronLink wallet and click on Asset Management.
- Click the plus sign next to BTT to return to the main dashboard.
Please note: The swap from BTTOLD to the new BTT is set at a ratio of 1:1000.
And that's it! You now have the latest and greatest BTT ready to be used as you see fit!
At this time, swapping BTTOLD for new BTT can only be done with the TronLink browser extension. You will need to sync your mobile wallet to the desktop version of Exodus. Here’s how: