How do I restore from an email backup?
Please note: The email backup link option was only available if you went through the backup process before Exodus version 19.2.1. If you went through the backup process after that point then you would not have received an email backup link.
This guide will help you in restoring your wallet from the e-mail recovery/backup link + password combination. In order to be able to restore your wallet using this guide, you must have the e-mail back-up/recovery link and wallet password.
If you do not have e-mail recovery/back-up link or have lost your password or the password is not working, you can restore the wallet using your secret 12-word recovery phrase.
In this Article:
- How do I restore my wallet using the e-mail backup link?
- What do I do if clicking the link in my backup email doesn't automatically open Exodus for me?
How do I restore my wallet using the e-mail backup link?
Download the latest version of Exodus from exodus.io/download/ on the computer you want to restore your Exodus wallet on.
- Install Exodus by following the installation guide: How do I install Exodus.
- Once Exodus is installed, open it and make sure it shows a $0.00 balance; this is to ensure there are no funds on the wallet.
- Close Exodus.
- Open your email and click on your Exodus backup link.
- Exodus will prompt you for your password, enter the wallet password - you can click on the 'eye' icon on left to reveal the password to ensure it is being entered correctly
- Wait for 15 - 30 seconds and your blockchain assets will be restored!
What do I do if clicking the link in my backup email doesn't automatically open Exodus for me?
- Copy the e-mail recovery link received in your e-mail.
- Open Exodus.
- Open up the Developer menu by following this guide: How do I open the Developer Menu?
- Once the Developer Menu is open, click on Developer > Restore > Restore from recovery link
- A box will appear asking you to paste the e-mail recovery link, now paste the e-mail recovery link you copied in the first step and click OK.
- You will now see a pop-up that says Exodus will restart, click OK.
- Exodus will now re-open and display the Password entering screen, enter your password and hit Enter. You can click on the 'Eye' icon to reveal what you are entering as a Password to be sure you are entering the correct password.
- Once you enter the password and it is accepted, allow Exodus 5-10 minutes to restore your wallet. Your wallet is now restored!