How do I restore from my Secret 12 word Recovery phrase?
If you lost access to your crypto assets like Bitcoin, Ethereum and etc., you can use your 12-word secret phrase to restore access to them inside the Exodus wallet.
In this article:
Images and instructions in this article are using the new Exodus App Navigation - you can turn it on or off in Settings > Apps. Read more about how the App Nav works here
- Download the latest version of Exodus.
- Launch Exodus.
- Click the Restore from Backup button on the Home welcome screen.
- Exodus will then ask to restart. Click Restart.
- Type your 12-word secret phrase in order with no capital letters. Click the arrow to the right when you are finished.
- After a few seconds, Exodus will open with a popup "All done!". Click OK and wait a few minutes while Exodus rescans the blockchains and displays your balances.
- Make sure to set a password to protect your newly restored wallet.
Restoring a previous wallet into your mobile wallet is simple and makes accessing your assets on the go a cinch!
- If you are trying to link your Desktop Exodus wallet to your mobile wallet, then you can find this even easier tutorial here
- If you just have a 12-word secret phrase and want to restore it inside of Exodus Mobile, please keep reading.
WARNING: This process will overwrite your current mobile wallet. If you have a mobile wallet with funds in, send all its funds to Exodus Desktop (or a different wallet) before syncing the wallets.
Below are the steps to restore your secret 12 word phrase into Exodus wallet on your mobile device:
- Open your Profile by tapping the icon in the lower right corner of your screen. Then tap Settings.
- Tap Restore Wallet.
- This process will overwrite your current mobile wallet. If you have a mobile wallet with funds in, send all its funds to Exodus Desktop or another wallet you own before syncing the wallets. Tap Continue.
- You will be presented with a screen when you will enter the first 4 of 12 words of your secret phrase. Enter your first 4 words and tap Next. Continue until all 12-words have been entered and tap Restore.
After tapping Restore, Exodus will ask you if you are sure. Tap Continue & Restart when ready. Exodus will restart and begin to sync your assets.
The restore process may take a few seconds or several minutes depending on your wallet history. If you have a diverse portfolio with a long transaction history, it may take longer. Once the restore is complete, Exodus will let you know!